How you can Volunteer and join our "Community as Family!"
- Consistency is very important in the lives of youth in foster care. Our volunteer on-boarding process ensures consistency in our approach and in building long-lasting relationships with the Peace4Kids fam!
Each year, our volunteers contribute 5000+ hours, accounting for almost 80% of our services. If you're interested in promoting peace in the lives of youth in foster care, join our community and prepare for a transformational experience!
Primarily our volunteers connect with youth on Saturdays from 8:30am - 1:30pm in an environment that focuses on creativity, education, life skills building, health and wellness. Under the guidance of our staff, volunteers are given the tools to work one-to-one with youth, developing strong bonds that leave a lasting impression.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Agree to participate in at least 2 Saturdays per month (5 hours each)
- Commit to a minimum of one year of service
- Complete our 4 STEP PROCESS TO BECOME A PEACE4KIDS VOLUNTEER
- Engage, mentor and provide leadership for youth in foster care, ages 4-18 years old
- Support our educational team in facilitating creative learning onsite and on field trips
- Create a consistent, nurturing community based environment
- Have fun making new friends with like-minded folks!
FOLLOW OUR 4 STEP PROCESS TO BECOME A PEACE4KIDS VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Sign up below to attend our no-commitment Peace4Kids Zoom Orientation to determine if it's the right fit for you
Step 2: Fill out our Volunteer Application
Step 3: Attend Two Day Mandatory Zoom Training July 13th & 14th 2022 from 6-8pm
Step 4: Complete your Department of Justice fingerprinting/clearance
From there, you'll begin shadowing one of our tenured volunteers until you feel comfortable on your own! We're excited to have you with us!!
- Thursday, June 16, 2022 at 06:00 PM
An introduction to Peace4Kids (through Zoom) that allows potential volunteers to learn more about our community, what it takes to be a Peace4Kids volunteer, and to determine if it's a mutual match!