Join our Community as Family! Consistency is very important in the lives of youth in foster care. Our volunteer on-boarding process ensures continuity in our approach and in building long-lasting relationships with the Peace4Kids fam!
Each year, our volunteers contribute 5000+ hours, accounting for almost 80% of our services. If you're interested in promoting peace in the lives of youth in foster care, join our community and prepare for a transformational experience! Discover rewarding opportunities to make a meaningful impact, contribute your unique skills, and create lasting connections.
Primarily our volunteers connect with youth on Saturdays from 8:00am - 1:30pm in an environment that focuses on creativity, education, life skills building, health and wellness. Under the guidance of our staff, volunteers are given the tools to develop strong bonds that leave a lasting impression. You will:
- Engage, mentor and build community with youth in foster care, ages 4-18 years old
- Support our educational team in facilitating creative learning onsite and on field trips
- Create a consistent, nurturing environment
- Have fun making new friends with like-minded people!
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Agree to participate in at least 2 Saturdays per month (5.5 hours each)
- Commit to a minimum of one year of service
- Complete our 4 step process to become a Peace4Kids Volunteer
Four Step Process to Becoming a Peace4Kids Volunteer
Step 1: Sign up below to attend one of our no-commitment Zoom Volunteer Orientations to determine if becoming a Peace4Kids' Volunteer is the right fit for you
Step 2: Fill out our Volunteer Application
Step 3: Attend our TWO DAY Mandatory Zoom Training (May 8th & 9th 2024 from 6-8pm)
Step 4: Begin shadowing one of our tenured volunteers until you feel comfortable on your own and have completed your Department of Justice fingerprinting/clearance
We're excited to have you with us!!