How you can Volunteer and make a difference
Every Child Deserves a Connection
Each year, our volunteers contribute 5000+ hours, accounting for almost 80% of our services. If you're interested in promoting peace in the lives of foster youth, join our community and bring your knowledge and compassion to those who will truly benefit. It's a truly rewarding experience!
Primarily our volunteers connect with youth on Saturdays from 9am - 1pm in an environment that focuses on creativity, education, life skills building, health and wellness. Under the guidance of our staff, volunteers are given the tools to work one-to-one with youth, developing strong bonds that leave a lasting impression.
Here's a quick requirement checklist:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Contribute at least 8 hours a month [2 Saturdays per month] and commit to a minimum of one year of service
- Obtain Department of Justice clearance
- Attend both a new volunteer orientation and training
And here's some of the things you'll be doing:
- Engage, mentor and provide leadership for youth in foster care, ages 4-18 years old
- Support our educational team in facilitating creative learning onsite and on field trips
- Create a consistent, nurturing community based environment
- Have fun making new friends with like-minded folks!
Interested in learning more? Please RSVP for an upcoming orientation below:
An introduction to Peace4Kids that allows potential volunteers to "try on" the organization to see if it's a mutual match. It's a great way for you to hear more about our program, meet youth and other committed volunteers.