Become a Volunteer and make a difference
Every Child Deserves a Connection
Each year, our volunteers contribute 5000+ hours, accounting for almost 80% of our services. If you're interested in promoting peace in the lives of youth in foster care, join our community and bring your knowledge and compassion to those who will truly benefit. It's a truly rewarding experience!
Primarily our volunteers connect with youth on Saturdays from 9am - 1pm in an environment that focuses on creativity, education, life skills building, health and wellness. Under the guidance of our staff, volunteers are given the tools to work one-to-one with youth, developing strong bonds that leave a lasting impression.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Agree to participate in at least 2 Saturdays per month (4 hours each)
- Commit to a minimum of one year of service
- Complete our 2 STEP PROCESS TO BECOME A PEACE4KIDS VOLUNTEER
- Engage, mentor and provide leadership for youth in foster care, ages 4-18 years old
- Support our educational team in facilitating creative learning onsite and on field trips
- Create a consistent, nurturing community based environment
- Have fun making new friends with like-minded folks!
FOLLOW OUR 2 STEP PROCESS TO BECOME A PEACE4KIDS VOLUNTEER
Step 1: Sign up below to attend our no-commitment New Volunteer Orientation - to determine if it's the right fit for you
Step 2: Sign up below to attend Volunteer Training & receive your DOJ Clearance (offered on-site)
Step 1 of our Volunteer on-boarding process. An introduction to Peace4Kids that allows potential volunteers to "try on" the organization to see if it's a mutual match. It's a great way for you to hear more about our program, meet youth and other committed volunteers.
- Saturday, June 13, 2020 at 12:00 PM
- Peace4Kids in Los Angeles, CA
Step 2 of our Volunteer on-boarding process. Learn about how trauma impacts the brain, and the Peace4kids approach to social emotional learning and growth.
We'll also host an opportunity to get your Department of Justice clearance/fingerprinting on-site prior to training. Fingerprinting is $25 and you can pay by check, cash or (for an extra $5) credit card. Regardless of whether you've previously been fingerprinted at another organization, you will need to complete the fingerprinting process once again for Peace4Kids. It's mandated by the state.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING SCHEDULE
11:45 - 1pm
DOJ Fingerprinting (rolling attendance)
1:30 - 1:45am
1:45 - 2:45pm
Understanding Childhood Trauma
+ The Foster Care System
2:45 - 3:00pm
3:00 - 4:00pm
P4K Process of Consistent Engagement
4:00 - 5:00pm
+ Protecting Youth Safety
5:00 - 5:30pm
Questions / Feedback / Closing